Disposable Vapes 101: Ultimate Puff Bar GuideEagle Eye
Disposable Vapes 101: Ultimate Puff Bar Guide
There is no question that disposable vapes – also referred to as “puff bars” at times or in different countries – are the hottest products in vaping these days. Disposable e-cigarettes have been around almost as long as vaping has existed, and people have always used them as convenient vaping devices or to introduce themselves to vaping and discover what it’s all about. Over the past couple of years, though, puff bars have become exponentially more popular – and there are a number of good reasons for that. Disposable vapes have become so good, in fact, that many people use them as a tester in to vaping before they invest in purchasing rechargeable vape kits.
So, what makes disposable vapes so special? Who should buy disposable e-cigarettes, and who would be better off with traditional vape kits? You’re about to learn the answers to those questions – and many others – in this ultimate puff bar guide.
What Are Disposable Vapes?
A disposable vape is a vaping device that’s ready to use right out of the package and isn’t designed to be refilled or recharged. A disposable puff bar is usually calibrated to deliver around the same total nicotine and number of puffs that you’d get from a pack of cigarettes, although some higher-capacity disposable vapes are also available, depending on the Laws in your country. You use a disposable vape simply by puffing on it as you would a traditional cigarette. This is known as “puff, pull or draw activation.” When the device stops working, you’ll replace the whole unit.
Disposable vapes are the simplest and most convenient vaping devices on the market.
What Are the Best Disposable Vapes?
Here at Shisha Vibe, we carry four disposable vape brands at the time of writing. If you begin your explorations with one of these four brands, you can’t go wrong.
- Elf Bar: Priced at £4.99 per unit or £18 for any four. Elf Bar disposable vapes feature a nicotine strength of 20 mg/ml and last for up to 300 puffs.
- Geek Bar: Priced at £4.99 and up per unit or £18 and up for any four depending on capacity. Geek Bar disposable vapes feature a nicotine strength of 20 mg/ml and last for up to 575 puffs.
- Reymont: Priced at £4.99 per unit or £18 for any four. Reymont disposable vapes feature a nicotine strength of 20 mg/ml and last for up to 688 puffs.
- Solo +: Priced at £4.99 per unit or £18 for any four. Reymont disposable vapes feature a nicotine strength of 20 mg/ml and last for up to 600 puffs.
Who Are Disposable Vapes For?
If you fall into one of these three categories, disposable vapes are probably ideal for you.
- You’re interested in switching to vaping but want to find out what vaping feels and tastes like before you buy a full starter kit. Buying a disposable vape is the easiest and least expensive way to introduce yourself to vaping.
- You’re only a part-time or social smoker and smoke so infrequently that it takes you several days – or even weeks – to finish a pack of cigarettes. In your case, you use so little nicotine that it probably makes the most sense to use disposable vapes rather than buying and maintaining a full rechargeable vape kit. When you feel those rare urges to smoke, a disposable vape is always ready to use.
- You’re a smoker and are interested in becoming a full-time vaper, but you dislike the more complex vape devices out there and this is a good starting point before you invest in the more simple, least maintenance, open pod systems.
- You want to vape in the simplest and most convenient way possible, even if means that you’ll spend a little more in the long run.
- You’re a vaper outside of the UK with no local options for lower-nicotine puff bars. UK disposable vapes are popular with vapers elsewhere in the world because they provide a convenient way to reduce nicotine intake. In the United States, for example, disposable vapes are commonly sold in nicotine strengths upwards of 50 mg/ml – and few brands offer lower-nicotine options for people who want to step down. Ordering disposable vapes in the UK is an ideal alternative because the Tobacco Products Directive limits all vaping products here to a maximum nicotine strength of 20 mg/ml. We ship worldwide wherever vaping products are legal.
Who Should Not Buy Disposable Vapes?
Like all vaping devices, disposable vapes are only for adult smokers who can’t or don’t want to stop using nicotine and would otherwise be unable to quit smoking. Disposable vapes contain nicotine, which is a highly addictive chemical that children under 18 should never use. Keep your disposable vape bars out of the reach of children and remain vigilant for potential signs of underaged nicotine use.
What Disposable Vape Bar Flavours Are Available?
One of the biggest reasons why disposable vapes are so popular these days is because they’re available in dozens of different flavours. Here at Shisha Vibe, we have about 100 puff bar flavours available at the time of writing. When disposable e-cigarettes first appeared on the market, they were only available in two flavours: tobacco and menthol. Those, however, aren’t the flavours that most vapers want – they want sweet flavours like fruits, candies and desserts. Drinks. When you buy disposable vapes, you can expect to enjoy the same quality of flavour that people enjoy when they buy bottled vape juice.
What Puff Bar Nicotine Strengths Are Available?
Most disposable vapes have a nicotine strength of 20 mg/ml, which is the highest nicotine strength allowed under the provisions of the Tobacco Products Directive, which is the Law in the UK and the rest of the EU. At 20mg, it is the closest that you can get to the nicotine delivery profile of a tobacco cigarette. Some disposable vapes are also available with a nicotine strength of 10 mg/ml. The lower nicotine strength is appropriate for extremely infrequent smokers or people who have already switched fully to vaping and no longer have the same nicotine requirements as a smoker.
How Many Puffs Will I Get from a Disposable Vape?
At a minimum, a disposable puff bar is usually rated to deliver up to 200 puffs. As you’ve seen from our product selection, though, it’s possible to find disposable vapes in the UK that are rated to deliver upwards of 800 puffs. If you find a disposable vape rated to deliver more puffs than that, it’s possible that you’ve found a fake disposable vape bar, if not illegal – something we’ll discuss in a moment.
With disposable vapes, you can think of 200 puffs as being roughly equivalent to the number of puffs that you’d get from one full pack of tobacco cigarettes. However, there are two things that you must keep in mind when evaluating the performance of a disposable e-cigarette.
- The exact puff count that you’ll get from a particular puff bar depends on your usage. If you use long, deep puffs – or you chain vape, which will cause the device’s atomizer coil to become hotter than normal – you may not get the exact number of puffs stated on the package. The puff count stated on the package is based on tests carried out by “puff machines,” which are machines that designed to count the number of puff’. The machine tests are usually set to count each puff with each puff lasting one second. So the number of puffs assumes that you’ll have an average puff length of about one second and that you’ll let the device cool down between puffs.
- Based on the above, keep in mind that the number of puffs written on the packaging of disposable vape or puff bars is only to be used as guide.
- If a disposable vape has a lower advertised puff count, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the device has less e-liquid. Always look at the nicotine strength and the e-liquid content – which is legally required to be 2 ml or less – to determine the total nicotine content of a puff bar. If one device is rated for fewer puffs than another but has the same amount of e-liquid, the device with a lower advertised puff count may simply produce larger vapour clouds.
Why Are Disposable Vapes Suddenly So Popular?
As we mentioned above, one of the reasons why disposable vapes have suddenly become more popular is that they’ve only recently become available in a wide variety of flavours. Modern production methods have helped to make the bigger flavour variety possible, and consumers have responded extremely positively to that change.
The second factor that has made puff bars so popular is the fact that they now use nicotine salt e-liquid instead of the freebase nicotine e-liquid that all vaping products used in the past. Compared to freebase nicotine, nicotine salt is less alkaline and is therefore much smoother at higher nicotine strengths. Today’s disposable vapes deliver a much more enjoyable vaping experience.
Price is the final reason why disposable vapes are so popular today. In the past, the biggest thing that prevented people from buying disposable vapes was the price; a disposable e-cigarette was more expensive than a pack of tobacco cigarettes. Automated production methods, modern battery technology and semiconductor miniaturisation have made it possible to build disposable vapes more cheaply. That means they’ve finally crossed an important price threshold and are now less expensive than tobacco cigarettes.
Are Disposable Vapes Cheaper Than Rechargeable Vape Kits?
No. Disposable vapes are not cheaper than rechargeable vaping devices for daily use, and they may never be. When you buy a disposable vape, you’re not just buying the e-liquid; you’re also buying a battery and an integrated circuit loaded with firmware that controls the basic operation of the device. You’re buying those things every time you buy a puff bar. When you buy a rechargeable vaping device, on the other hand, you’re only buying those things once. If you want to vape as cheaply as possible, you should buy a full vape kit. If you want to vape as conveniently as possible, you may prefer disposable vapes even though you’ll spend a little more.
What Should I Buy When I’m Ready to Upgrade from Disposable Vapes?
If you’re a user of disposable vapes and are ready to step up to a full rechargeable vape kit, we have a convenient Vape Kit Selector Tool that can walk you through the process and help you choose the perfect vaping device for your needs. Give it a try!
If you find the selection of different vaping devices overwhelming and would rather have a quick recommendation, we suggest the SMOK Novo 2 (£24.99) or the Innokin Go S (£19.99). Both devices are extremely easy to use and cost about the same as a few puff bars. Don’t forget to add a bottle of e-liquid to your cart before checking out. You may want to start with the 10 mg/ml nicotine strength because your new vaping device will produce bigger vapour clouds than the disposable vape you’re using now.
How Do Disposable Vapes Affect the Environment?
Disposable vapes are hazardous waste because they include both plastics and lithium batteries. They have a negative environmental impact and should not be discarded in your standard household rubbish. You should instead bring your used disposable vapes to a local recycling centre that handles e-waste or your supermarket battery recycling bins.
How to Identify Fake Disposable Bars
Disposable vapes are some of the world’s most commonly counterfeited vaping products. We guarantee the authenticity of our products here at Shisha Vibe, but you should always be on the lookout for fake puff bars and other counterfeit vaping products when buying vape gear elsewhere. One common sign of a fake disposable vape is an advertising claim that the product will provide an extremely high number of puffs.
Under the provisions of the Tobacco Products Directive, a disposable vaping device is illegal if it contains more than 2 ml of e-liquid with nicotine. If you see a disposable vape claiming to deliver a very high puff count – such as 800 puffs or more – it’s unlikely that the device is TPD compliant, and it could potentially be unsafe to use as well as illegal.
Puff Bar Blinking or Not Hitting: What to Do
Here at Shisha Vibe, we guarantee that you will not receive a defective product from us. If you receive a disposable vape that’s dead on arrival, contact us so we can make things right.
A disposable vape will often have an indicator light that lets you know what’s happening with the device. When you puff on the device, the light will come on. If a puff bar blinks, it means that the battery is dead and that it’s time to dispose of the device. If you put the device down for a while, you may get a few more puffs out of it. The short answer, though, is that it’s time to replace the device. Remember that the exact number of puffs you’ll get from a disposable vape will depend on how you use it. Expect to get fewer puffs than advertised if you chain vape or puff very deeply when vaping.
If you’re getting weak hits with your disposable vape, the device could be running out of e-liquid – or you may just be vaping too aggressively. As you vape, the heat from your device’s atomizer coil draws e-liquid from the outer edge of the wick to the centre. It takes time for the e-liquid to absorb, so you need to let the device rest for a few minutes after taking several consecutive puffs. If you experience weak flavour or weak hits with a puff bar that’s still new, put the device down for a while to give the wick some time to re-saturate itself.